Tanbukan (探武館) means: “the house that searches for martial arts knowledge”. This section of the website contains resources- mainly for our own students, but others are very welcome to have a look . . .
Personal Development Books
- Little book of Managing Depression Anxiety and Stress
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad
- Richest Man in Babylon
- How to Win Friends and Influence People
- Book of the Ninja – Bansenshukai
- True Path of the Ninja – Shoninki
- Iga and Koka Ninja Skills
- Ninja Skills: The Authentic Ninja Training Manual
- Modern Ninja Warfare: Ninja Tactics and Methods for the Modern Warrior: Ninja Tactics for the Modern Warrior
- Bubishi Martial Art Spirit – This is an uninterpreted translation so a good study guide.
- Bubishi: The Classic Manual of Combat – An interpreted and researched version of the Bubishi by Patrick McCarthy, who has done extensive research on the subject.
- The Ultimate Art of War – Sun Tzu, The Art of War
- The Ultimate Guide to Yinyang
- Master Cheng’s New Method of Tai Chi Self-cultivation – This is a really good introduction to Chen Man Ching’s 37 step form.
- The Mountain Warriors syllabus for Kickboxing & Freestyle Karate
- Chen Man Ching – 37 step form
- How to tie your belt
- Putting on your hand wraps
- Ninja Assassin Promo video – This is a short promo made for the film Ninja Assassin when it was coming out in the UK, the promo was filmed by Bragsta and includes footage of the old Redhill dojo and club instructors.
- Antony Cummins visits Redhill Dojo
- The point that Ninjutsu changed – We paid for Antony Cummins to buy lots of ninjutsu scrolls in Japan and translate them to English, this is the point the ninjutsu world were shown that ninjutsu does not contain any fighting arts but rather strategy and guerrilla warfare tactics.
Resources for students
- Japanese martial arts vocabulary
- Bowing – Zarei 座礼 and Ritsurei立礼
- Dojo etiquette (Reigi Sahō 礼儀作法)
- How to tie a martial arts belt correctly
- Lesson notes page for Tai Chi class
- Student registration form (This is a downloadable PDF document)
Do you have any questions about anything on this page; or anything else you would like to see posted here? Feel free to contact us . . .